“Only the curious have something to find.” Unknown
My name is Deny Dias (a.k.a. @denydias). I build software and services for humans.
I'm a specialist at software design, specification, development, deployment and the life-cycle of mission critical operations, both on-premise and in the cloud. I have a solid career in streaming media and digital asset management segments, with emphasis on massive content acquisition, processing, storage, reuse and distribution. I also have huge experience with many IT infrastructure related areas.
My (non-exhaustive) skill set at a glance:
- Software Project Management:
- Talk to human beings to understand their needs on any given system.
- Translate that needs into detailed specifications for developers.
- Manage the conversion of specifications into software deliverable.
- Keep a project on track for schedule, cost, scope and quality baselines.
- Develop resource and human friendly solutions to complex problems.
- Write good code in Bash, PHP, JS, CSS, HTML, Lua and others less common idioms.
- Understand and apply proper software design patterns for a given problem.
- Streamline development, testing, staging and production cycles.
- Create Docker images and deploy its derived containers.
- Build and run continuous integration for software.
- Document code and processes for tech people.
- Leverage RESTful APIs and JSON power.
- Transcode tons of data into whatever.
- Stand for DVCS adoption.
- On-Premise Operation:
- Develop and implement security aware operations.
- Design, deploy and run IT operation processes.
- Work with lots of data coming back and forth.
- Deal with mission critical systems.
- Integrate many different systems.
- Cloud Operation:
- Scale systems, both vertically and horizontally.
- Migrate on-premise systems into the cloud.
- Make a good use of the cloud services APIs.
- Document tech knowledge for non-tech people.
- Write marketing stuff about anything tech.
- SEO and Social Media integration.
- General Skills:
- Advanced usage of *nix/BSD.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Travel (for work or not).
- Help people (for free).
- Ride a bike.
MexApi is just my blog. The place where I write about anything I judge worth of sharing, spanning from complex tech stuff to everyday thoughts.
One word of advice: I write in Brazilian Portuguese. My native language lacks content in my favorite subject, while there are so many good sources written in English out there.
MexApi DON'T set cookies nor tracks you in any way.
The content published here is licensed:
MexApi is powered by Grav, a modern open source flat-file CMS.
If you see yourself in the need to contact me, fill in the blanks bellow and hit submit.