“Only the curious have something to find.” Unknown
My name is Deny Dias (a.k.a. @denydias). I build software and services for humans.
I'm a specialist at software design, specification, development, deployment and the life-cycle of mission critical operations, both on-premise and in the cloud. I have a solid career in streaming media and digital asset management segments, with emphasis on massive content acquisition, processing, storage, reuse and distribution. I also have huge experience with many IT infrastructure related areas.
My (non-exhaustive) skill set at a glance:
- Software Project Management:
- Talk to human beings to understand their needs on any given system.
- Translate that needs into detailed specifications for developers.
- Manage the conversion of specifications into software deliverable.
- Keep a project on track for schedule, cost, scope and quality baselines.
- Develop resource and human friendly solutions to complex problems.
- Write good code in Bash, PHP, JS, CSS, HTML, Lua and others less common idioms.
- Understand and apply proper software design patterns for a given problem.
- Streamline development, testing, staging and production cycles.
- Create Docker images and deploy its derived containers.
- Build and run continuous integration for software.
- Document code and processes for tech people.
- Leverage RESTful APIs and JSON power.
- Transcode tons of data into whatever.
- Stand for DVCS adoption.
- On-Premise Operation:
- Develop and implement security aware operations.
- Design, deploy and run IT operation processes.
- Work with lots of data coming back and forth.
- Deal with mission critical systems.
- Integrate many different systems.
- Cloud Operation:
- Scale systems, both vertically and horizontally.
- Migrate on-premise systems into the cloud.
- Make a good use of the cloud services APIs.
- Document tech knowledge for non-tech people.
- Write marketing stuff about anything tech.
- SEO and Social Media integration.
- General Skills:
- Advanced usage of *nix/BSD.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Travel (for work or not).
- Help people (for free).
MexApi is just my blog. The place where I write about anything I judge worth of sharing, spanning from complex tech stuff to everyday thoughts.
One word of advice: I write in Brazilian Portuguese. My native language lacks content in my favorite subject, while there are so many good sources written in English out there.
MexApi is powered by Grav, a modern open source flat-file CMS.
If you see yourself in the need to contact me, fill in the blanks bellow and hit submit.